Friday, February 6, 2009

Organizing in a Techno-World


Shirky, Clay. Here Comes Everybody: The Power of Organizing without Organizations. New York: Penguin Press, 2008.


Shirky writes provocatively about how the way that we commonly think about organizing is changing in our Web 2.0 world. The text is heavy with examples, and that makes for interesting reading. The web site for Here Comes Everybody is interactive. If you are interested in how technology shapes the way one organizes (or even how one experiences "community"), this book might interest you. The MCTC library does have a copy of this book in its catalog holdings.
photo from the U. K. book cover
Google image
farm4.static.flickr.com/3220/2448695242_8701a...

3 comments:

  1. and, of course, the title should read Organizing (not Organzing). I really need to review these entries before I post them . . .:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. And all the while I thought I had learned a new techno-buzzword :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The MCTC Library has a copy of this book alright. AND IT's CURRENTLY IN MY OFFICE : )

    ReplyDelete